What can you recycle in each bin?
- packaging, cereal boxes, washing powder boxes, kitchen roll and toilet tubes.
Greeting cards and post cards, as long as they have no glitter.
- Tetrapack cartons including milk, fruit juice, and soup. Please rinse the cartons first.
Gravy granule/Cocoa powder tubs
- Tube only, not the lid.
- Fliers, leaflets, letters, post-it notes, and pamphlets
- Bus, train, and tram tickets
- No glitter.
Catalogs and telephone directories
- Please remove all plastic packaging first.
- Including window envelopes, but not padded envelopes.
- Small amounts
Food soiled cardboard (pizza boxes)
- Rinsed. Metal lids can be recycled too, but not plastic ones.
- If it's bottle shaped you can recycle it, if it's not, you can't. Rinse the bottles first. Lids cannot be recycled. You can recycle lids at Lush cosmetics stores.
- Food and drinks cans. Rinse first.
- Pie trays, tin foil, cake and flan trays, sweet wrappers, foiled yoghurt pot lids. Remove as much food contamination as possible before putting it in the brown bin.
Non bottle plastics
- Yoghurt pots, food trays, butter and margerine tubs
Cooked and raw food
- Includes meat and fish, stale bread, egg shells, peelings, tea bags and coffee grounds. No packaging.
Wooden lolly sticks
Including leaves, grass cuttings, hedge clippings, bark, twigs, plants, windfall fruit. No large tree stumps.
Real Christmas trees
Leave your Christmas tree next to your green bin when it is collected in January.
Soil and building rubble